Wednesday 18 February 2009

Modeling

I have been working on the 3d models for the past month and only now have I had the opportunity to complete a few scenes, well produce some test renders anyway. Today I showed them to some of the Abertay lecturers as well as some fellow students. There was a mixed response regarding the test images.

For example some students have stated that perhaps I could change the background colours to make the environment more dingy and less cheer full. This sounded fair enough and I am currently in the process of applying these criticisms to achieve the desired effect.

Here are some of the images I was talking about.


The organic looking mountains in the back are supposed to be stacks of boxes piled in an irregular manner. This was achieved by creating a polygonal mountain and then applying a box texture complete with specular and normal maps to the object.

Individual boxes will also be added to the scene for added effect.

Mike

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment