Sunday 22 February 2009

Still modeling

Hello.

Today I have been focusing more on my dissertation. This involved going to the library and picking up a few books on the subject matter i will be dealing with. Some of the books included, The great cartoon directors (Jeff Lenburg), Timing for animation (Whittaker and harris), Of mice and magic (Leonard Maltin), Acting for animators (Ed Hooks), The animated movie guide (Jerry Beck), Chuck amuck (Chuck Jones), Animation the mechanics of motion (Chris Webster) and animation from script to screen (Shamus Culhane). I think these books will keep me pretty busy on the literature front for the time being and hopefully they will help me when writing up my dissertation.

The problem just now is figuring out how to phrase this dissertation? I can't seem to get my head around it even though I know I should be able to. Its almost as if I deter myself every time I reach a point where I could possibly start. Always having the urge to change the subject area into something a little more appropriate because I'm afraid of treading on someone's feet regarding the content. In fact the very nature of writing a dissertation just seems a little alien to me right now.

I feel I'm more akin to the project work, however I wont let this detail take my focus away from doing both to the best of my ability.

In terms of project material, I have rendered a few scenes with different back ground colours to try and add more depth and purpose to the environments. More work will follow later in the week, myself and Vykintas will hopefully have the majority of assets and characters completed and ready for animation within a week :).





Mike

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment